By Kellie Sones, Account Executive
Well, it’s officially warm in Chico. After a seemingly endless winter and nonexistent spring, summer seems to have arrived early. No one seems to mind this change in weather because when Chico heats up, we all look for ways to chill out and cool down.
If you’re like me, you’re always seeking new outdoor activities to enjoy during the summer. Well, look no further! Here are my top five Chico faves:
1. Bear Hole: A common favorite, Bear Hole is located in Upper Bidwell Park, a short drive, or a long hike away. I love Bear Hole for its scenic views and cool waters. The underwater tunnels are incredible too!
2. Thursday Night Market: I am a huge fan of two things: shopping and food. The Thursday Night Market is a great way to combine these two loves of mine in the company of great friends-and it’s just a short walk from home! Meander around downtown Chico and sample fresh goods and produce from local farmers.
3. River Road Bike Loop: The orchards are in bloom! If that isn’t reason enough to try this 20-mile bike loop, I don’t know what is. In just a few hours, you can escape reality and dive right into a world of serenity and natural beauty. I love to “stop and smell the roses,” or the cherry blossoms on this gorgeous ride.
4. One Mile: Chico’s beach, One Mile is a great place to enjoy time with family and friends, host a barbecue or simply sun yourself near this pool-converted river.
5. The WREC: Since the weather is getting warmer, it’s important to keep that summer bod in shape! For those especially sweltering days, cool off in the air-conditioned Wildcat Recreation Center. Work out on state-of-the-art exercise equipment or splash around in the enormous wade pool.
Happy hiking, biking, swimming and shopping!